Art Consultants Can Help Make the Most of Any Kind of Public Area or Work Space
Schools, hospitals, hotel lobbies, libraries, and any other buildings that have public spaces or lobbies can benefit from the direction of an art consultant. Having a professional to consult about the colors that are the most relaxing and which are the most energizing. In fact, with professional art consulting services, you can make sure that your spaces are both beautiful and functional.
Workplace decorations should be more than a sale item that fits a space. With the right planning, art consultants can help create spaces that enable workers to spend their days in a place that helps limit workplace stress. In addition to being less stressful, an art consultant can help create a space that can be more productive. For instance, a study recently found that people working in enriched spaces, those that are decorated with plants or art, were 17% more productive than those in lean spaces, those without plants or art.
Wall Art for Hospitals Can Help Create Encouraging and Relaxing Spaces for Both Families and Patients
A recent survey by Arts and Health Alliance gathered information from 129 Veterans medical centers in the year 2013. This survey showed that more than 50% of these locations offered arts programming at patients’ bedside. In addition, more than 40% have rotating art exhibitions, permanent art collections, commissioned paintings, or sculptures as part of the buildings design. This is an indicator that both making art and looking at art can have calming and healing effects.
consider some of these facts and figures about the benefits that art strategy partners can have on a space:
- A small percentage of cost when measured against overall contribution, a rule of thumb for budgeting turn-key art services is to set aside 1% to 2% of the construction budget.
- Employees who have control over the design and layout of their workspace are not only happier and healthier, according to research by Exeter University’s School of Psychology. In addition, these workers are also up to 32% more productive.
- 94% of respondents believe that art makes their workplace more welcoming.
- 61% of respondents agree that art stimulates creativity.
- Blood flow increased 10% to the “joy response” part of the brain when subjects saw a beautiful painting, according to a 2011 University of London. This is the same kind of response that is elicited when a person looks at a loved one.
Whether you have the opportunity to build a new space or you are getting ready to remodel, it is important to make sure that you take the time and make the investment to work with an art consultant.